A Range of New Products will be BIS Mandatory Soon13. November 2019
The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) recently published a notice explaining which products will require a mandatory BIS certification soon. The BIS is responsible for a multitude of voluntary and mandatory certifications for industry products. The most important ones are the BIS CRS Scheme for Electronics & IT Goods (BIS CRS) and the Foreign Manufacturers Certification Scheme (FMCS).
So far, they have 136 products in their catalogue which require a mandatory certification and 50 products which require a mandatory registration.
The BIS certification provides a third-party guarantee of quality, safety and reliability.
The following products will require a certification in the future:
- Electric cables, plugs, sockets, switchgear
- Air conditioner, compressor, thermostat, heat exchanger
- Domestic cooker, gas stove, rubber hose for liquid petroleum gas (LPG)
- Protective helmet
- Butterfly valves
- Transparent float glass, sheet glass and safety glass
- Prepaid energy meter, smart meter
- Chemicals: acetic acid, aniline, methanol, orthophosphoric acid etc.
- Medical devices
- Cranes (electric, overhead, gantry)
- Retroreflector devices for bicycles
- Cotton bales
Up to this point there are few technical regulations compared to that of the EU market requirements. However, India has been in ongoing discussion forums with regulatory experts and are eager to close the gap to be more in line with the EU. It is expected that here will be more regulations published in the near future.
Here you can find more information about the AIS/TAC certification, BIS certification, WPC certification and TEC certification.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details and consultation. You can contact us via e-mail, or call us (UK: +44 2071931135, Rest of Europe: +49 69 2713769150, US: +1 773 654-2673).
You can also download our brochures about the compulsory certifications here.